November 19, 2012 by sgacke
OMG, just thinking about it makes my mouth water still even with a STUFFED tummy! These were DELICIOUS!!!
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic; minced
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1/3 cup No High Fructose Corn Syrup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Ideal Brown
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 6 sandwich thins
- Mozzarella cheese, optional
- Sautee onions and garlic in pan with EVOO
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, milk, onion, EVOO, egg and seasoned salt, and venison and mix well. Shape into eight patties; place in a greased cookie sheet
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Spoon over patties.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on sandwich thins with cheese if desired.
**This is pictured with green beans and butternut squash with rosemary, salt/pepper, and coconut oil